Friday, January 21, 2011

Feeling Groovy

Another week of the January come and gone...weird, right? Pretty soon we are going to be saying, "Where did the first half of this year go?!" It is just crazy how much faster time goes the older you are :D

So far this week I have put in 48 miles, and I still plan to exercise both days this weekend. Feeling pretty good with all that I have accomplished this week. Almost 6 chapters in my training book, and good mileage plus lots of personal stuff too. It always makes me happier when I feel productive!

My eating has been good this week. I haven't talked about my food intake much. I count my calories, and the website I use says to lose 1 pound/week I need to be eating 1700 calories. I rarely eat that many. I usually eat somewhere between 1200-1500. I realize that I should try and eat more, but I am just not hungry enough to keep eating. I am guessing that is why I am losing on average 2.5 pounds/week. I try to eat a variety of fruits and veggies, but it sure is hard in the winter. It is too cold for salad, and the fresh veggie choices are just not up to summertime standards. Our staples are green beans, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli. We eat lots of squash though...my favorite food in the winter :)

Still no binging. I haven't even been tempted at all in the last four months. I am pretty proud of that! I sometimes question why I haven't, and I really hope that the reason is that I have done some of the tough emotional work that leads me to be addicted to food in the first place. I feel like I have confronted all of the "trigger" feelings head on and owned up to them and then released them...so to have the payoff be no binging is a sweet reward!

This was just a quick check-in for the weekend. I may have some exciting news next week...*fingers crossed* and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment