Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quick update :)

Oh my goodness! It has been an extremely long time since I last posted, and a ton of things have happened. Sheesh!

I have lost 45 pounds now! The weight loss is slowing a little, and I am mostly okay with that (I know...I know...but I am trying to understand that slow is good). For instance, I lost nothing this week but the last two weeks I lost a total of 5 pounds. I am good with that :)

I have changed my eating habits a little, well a lot. I am trying to follow more of the nutrition plan in my personal trainer textbook. It includes eating a lot more protein. I don't hit the daily goal very often, but I am eating more than I was a few weeks ago.

I have changed my exercise goals a little. I have ALWAYS loved cardio, and tolerated strength training. However, I know that building muscle is the best way to lose fat. With that in mind, I have designed a workout that does interval cardio/strength for almost 2 hours. It's a full body weight training plan, and I get enough cardio to make me happy :) I have been pretty consistent with doing the plan 3 days/week and then no more than an hour of cardio 3 other days. I may have to substitute yoga in for one of the cardio days, but right now I am happy with the routine.

The food and strength training combination are designed to build lean muscle mass and lose fat. I actually don't care what the scale says as long as I continue to get smaller :)

I guess that is enough of a recap for right now...I am going to try to get back in the blogging habit. It's been hard lately. Life has been crazy, and seems to be flying by...and I don't want to miss any of it :)

1 comment:

  1. You won my contest!! Shoot me an email (or reply to this comment)

    ReplyDelete